We are looking for an energetic Assistant Controller to assist in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. This individual will manage the A/P and A/R specialist. He/She will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective assistant controller has good knowledge of accounting principles. He/She must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. He/She must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. He/She will report to a financial controller.
- Support most aspects of accounting management (billing, invoicing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements in compliance with IFRS and official guidelines and requirements
- Manage journal entries and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
- Participate in preparation for the annual audit
- Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
- Maintaining standard costing and variances
- Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
- Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
- Solid knowledge of IFRS/GAAP and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (SAP experience is a plus)
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
- BS/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is required
- Educational/Professional certification (i.e. MBA) is a plus